Going on a hike, on a tourist rally or preparing for a camping activity, you need to know a certain list of things, products, tools, etc., focusing on which, you can quickly and easily prepare for a particular event, taking everything you need and not grabbing what you are not going to need. To begin with, we’ll break down what you need to take on a trip into groups. These groups are:
1. Equipment, tools;
2. Means for starting a fire. Campfire “equipment”;
3. Dishes: personal and “public”;
5. Clothes, shoes;
6. Personal hygiene products;
7. Medical supplies;
And now we name the items included in each group.
- Bandage, cotton wool;
- Antiseptic band-aid;
- Iodine, hydrogen peroxide, potassium permanganate;
- Analgin, No-Spa.
- Gastrointestinal supplies;
- Individually needed medications.
CLOTHES AND SHOES
Clothing and shoes are taken depending on the season and the expected weather. You should not take things based on the let it be the principle. On the other hand, do not think that everything is going to work out. Clothing should be simple and comfortable.
Focus on the following list, making adjustments in anticipation of particular weather:
- A warm sweater and/or turtleneck.
- Raincoat, raincoat or waterproof jacket with a hood.
- Head coverings.
- Changing stuff.
- Cotton socks (1-2 pairs).
- Woolen socks.
- Lightweight, worn boots or sneakers.
- Waterproof shoes.
FIRE STARTING PRODUCTS
- Matches in sealed packaging (plastic bottle) – so as not to get wet.
- Paper – newspapers, etc.
- Thin Plexiglas sticks.
- A metal cable about three meters long with a skein of strong rope.
- Hooks of different lengths for hanging bowlers (the more the better).
- Dense canvas mittens (or something similar) – as a tack.
PERSONAL AND PUBLIC DISHES
- Cans or pots with metal lids.
- Ladle with a long handle.
- Enamelled mug (or steel) with a handle protected from overheating.
- A spoon.
- Can opener.
- Cutting board.
Those products that are easier to pack and carry are taken on a hike, trying to keep the total weight as low as possible, and the food to be most healthy and nutritious. However, diversity is also important. To provide it with a small variety of products, pay attention to spices and seasonings, do not forget about those that can be found directly in the forest.
So, usually, the following products are taken out:
- Groats (buckwheat, rice).
- Canned food (stew, fish).
- Condensed milk or milk powder.
- Salt, pepper, spices.
- Carrots, greens (for soup).
- A little sunflower oil.
- Tea, sugar, cookies.
Take everything else (sausages and pork shanks, ketchup and sweets, cabbages and bags of potatoes, coffee beans, etc.) if you have a great desire and opportunity: in the end, you go to nature to communicate, rather than overeat with delicacies. However, if you have a car, the problem of weight and volume disappears by itself. But do not forget that products such as sausage, sausages, eggs, and so on. still have to eat on the first day.
Pay attention to the tightness and durability of bulk products. Grains, salt, sugar and so on. can be poured into small bags, and they, in turn, are placed in canvan bags.
EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS
- Rug for a tent (“tourist rug”, “foam”).
- Sleeping bag.
- Seat (“foam”, “butt” – a small rug on the buttocks with an elastic strap on the hips – so that the network is anywhere, without thinking about dryness and cleanliness).
- Flashlight with spare batteries (more convenient headlamp).
- A coil of durable rope (for pulling up an awning, drying clothes, sleeping bags, etc., and in reserve, for repairing tent extensions).
- Awning to protect the place reserved for the “dining room”.
- Hacksaw, two-handed saw or chain saw.
- Cotton gloves.
PERSONAL HYGIENE MEANS
- Toothpaste and toothbrush.
- Hygienic lipstick.
- Toilet paper or paper napkins.
About the author: Melisa Marzett is writing articles on different topics working for term paper services. She loves what she does for a living. Moreover, it has always been her dream along with traveling. Apart from that, she loves good old movies, classic literature, nature, animals and life in all aspects.