Heading to enjoy vacations in the woods? Planning for a camping experience? Well, a camping checklist according to us will leave a positive impact on your enjoyment. Preparing ahead for an outdoor adventure is very essential.
Here are some essentials that you might want to add to your camping checklist. This camping checklist will lead you to an amazing unforgettable outdoor experience.
Essentials to Pack for any Trip
Clothes to carry
For an amazing camping experience, one should carry everything according to their camping checklist. When it comes to shoes, sneakers are most flexible if you are visiting a hiking place. Other options are joggers or boots if you are visiting a moist and rainy area.
Jeans and sweatshirts are the best combos for adventurous places. They are comfortable and warm. You should always carry a raincoat for unpredictable weather changes.
It is good to always carry an extra pair of socks and undergarments. And a laundry bag is very important to keep your dirty clothes separate from clean ones.
Packing Essential Products
After clothes there comes products you use daily to keep yourself clean. On a usual basis, people get so carried away by packing clothes that they forget to pack products. Here is a list of products important for an outdoor trip:
- Hand sanitizer; because on outdoor trips water source is rare
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- soap packed in a plastic bag
- shampoo wrapped in a plastic bag
- Face wash
- necessary makeup and cosmetics
- Razor and tweezers
- Hair-brush or comb
- flip flops
- Cotton swabs and cotton-buds
Accessories that could come in handy
There is some extra stuff that people tend to forget while packing their essentials:
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Sunblock or Sunscreen
- Plastic bags or shoppers
- First aid box
- Personal medication
- Tissue paper, wipes, and towels
- Sewing kit
- A small fire extinguisher
- A pair of scissors
- Safety pins and rubber-bands
- Mosquito bite lotions
- Moisturizing creams
Well, everyone in this generation carries a smart-phone. And smartphones are helpful in so many ways to make any outdoor trip successful. A smartphone with a GPS can provide a location guide with directions. So if lost one can trackback the way with no difficulty.
The extra important stuff that you should keep are:
- A Selfie-Stick; to capture memorable moments in the form of pictures.
- Charger or power bank; a fully-charged power bank is more beneficial for outdoor trips.
- Hands-free; so you can enjoy music along-side a beautiful outdoor view.
- Data connection; Usually outdoor vacation areas are remote and Wi-Fi facilities are unavailable. So, a data connection is essential to communicate with the outside world.
Essentials to set up a Camp
In the above section, we have enlightened the stuff that is necessary for any outdoor trip. Here, we will discuss important stuff for an amazing outdoor camping experience.
Shelter for Camp
For an amazing outdoor camp, you need a perfect shelter. If a shelter sets in a nice way, you are already one step ahead of your camping experience.
- A tent
- Stakes and extra stakes
- A ground cloth or thick sheets
- poles or ropes
- A hammer
- A mat or rug for entrance
- A mop and a dustpan to clean off
- A lantern
Bedding for Camp
After setting up a camp for shelter next thing required to do is setting a bed. Outdoor sleeping can be uncomfortable. So we need to make sure our bedding is comfortable enough for a good sleep.
Things required for bedding are
- Sleeping bags and mattresses
- Pillows and neck pillows
- Air pump and repair kit for an air mattress
Cooking criteria for a camp trip
Cooking according to me is not a very good idea on a camp trip. One should carry stuff that does not need much cooking. Ahead of you is a list of non-cooked healthy food:
- Dry fruits such as nuts and peanuts.
- Fresh seasonal fruits
- Dehydrated food
- Home-made sandwiches
- Snacks and candy bars
Yet, if you are planning on cooking on an outdoor trip. Here is a list of things you might have to carry for a great cooking experience.
- Coolers and thermos
- Stove with fuel along with matches or lighter
- A water bucket
- A BBQ grill; if you are planning on a fancy BBQ dinner
- Basic crockery; spoon, plate, bowl, glass, etc.
- Napkins or towels
- Can opener
- Cooking oil and uncooked food
- Knife and a cutting board
- Sugar and teabags
- Instant coffee
- Dish wash and Dish Washing scrub; to clean the dishes afterward
- Pots, Frying pans, and Saucepans
- Salt and spices
- Containers for food storage
- Trash bags and charcoal
Activities and Games for Camping
To enjoy the most out of a camping trip is to plan a list of activities. The best camping trips comprise setting up a bonfire and enjoying a view of a beautiful sky full of stars. To set up a bonfire you might need logs of every size, fuel and a lighter to light it.
If you are camping near a river or lake, the best experience is fishing. If you have the opportunity to experience fishing, never let it go. You can enjoy boating experience along with fishing with a lake view.
If you are camping near a mountainous place, there is no better experience than hiking. You can climb up the mountain and try competing to reach up first to the peak.
There are a lot of games one can play on an outdoor trip.
- You can play loud music and everyone can sit around the fire and play passing an object
- You can play singing or acting games around the bonfire.
- You all can tell scary stories around the fire and see who tells the scariest
- Also, you can sit around the bonfire and discuss old memories and childhood moments.
- There are many other games that you can play inside a camp. Such as cards, Ludo, monopoly, scrabble, etc.